hi all, this forum is great and i've found it so informative and helpful...
So I have been abusing hydrocodone/oxycodone/oxycontin for about 2.5 years. I'm currently taking 60-80mg daily. May not sound like much to many of you, but it's still ruining my life. I'm constantly broke and have blown through a heartbreaking amount of money, money set aside by my grandfather for my wedding someday. It's all gone, as is any other savings I had, and i'm struggling to pay my bills each month. I am desperate to stop, and I have the perfect opportunity to do so this month.

I've used suboxone to prevent withdrawls many times (usually 2- 4 mg daily or over the course of 48 hours keeps me comfortable), but have never been off oxys long enough to contemplate sub withdrawls. I HAD NO IDEA SUB WITHDRAW IS SO SEVERE until I read many of these posts. This is the plan i've put together; is it reasonable, and what degree of withdrawl might I expect? I've kicked off pills before and it is sheer torture. I want to avoid the discomfort as much as possible (obviously!!!).

monday 2mg, tuesday 2mg, wed 1mg, thurs 1mg, friday 0.5 mg, sat 0.5 mg, sun 0.5 mg and then jump off monday. I'm off work mon, tues, wed, have to go in for a few hours thurs, off fri, and then have sat and sun off. My goal is to be completely done with withdrawls by the beginning of week 3. I know there will be some long term discomfort and adjusting, but how severe is it? What should I expect (on a scale from 1 to 10) the week of my jump off, from a 0.5mg dose?

thanks in advance for the help. I'm ready to take back my life, and I will be pulling for all of you who share my struggles and are sick of the addiction. I CANNOT WAIT for the day when my body doesn't require a substance for me to function...

thanks again- hopefully i'l have a success story to post soon...
any suggestions