I just noticed that I had some bumps on my shoulder blade and a few on my chest. They're bunched together in small clusters. It looks like bites from redbugs or chiggers, but it doesn't itch at all. I cleaned it with some alcohol, but should I do anything else? What could they be? I've had kind of a rash-like feeling under my left armpit, but there are no bumps there so I'm not sure it's related.

:shrug:

Pssst! M. E. has coooooties.

Apply some lime juice on the affected area before sleep for a week you may see the effects..They may be not only due to bug bites it may due to some fungus infections also..

Do you think it might be from running at all? I know I get little bubbles on my skin after excercising which are very small and only noticeable if I look closely and simply scratching my fingers over them, they pop and dissapear.

Maybe it's something similar?

From your Jersey and a mildly allergic reaction to it ?... or do you wear a t-shirt.. Could juts be abrasion/chaffing I guess...

Nah, definitely not chafing. It really does look like redbug bites, when I saw it that was the first thing that came to mind. I guess it's something similar that doesn't itch? Who knows... if it doesn't go away by Friday I'll have the free clinic check it out.

It had actually spread a little so I went to the doctor today. He said it was shingles, and it should last about a week. Just in case anyone was curious.

HE????
I thought all primary care doctors were female today?
Mine have all been pretty blonds in the last 20 years too, not sure if that's a requisite though.

Only a week huh? That ex football player on TV would have us believe it's for life. I had chicken pox back when it was a mandatory part of childhood but my FEMALE doctor at the VA gave me a shot for shingles.

Let me know when they go away, woodja pleeze? Any updates on how they progress would be nice too.

Huh! Shingles can be a very serious disease..I don't mean to scare you.
"Shingles, or herpes zoster, is caused by the chickenpoxvirus that remains in the nerve roots of all persons who had chickenpox and can come out in your body again years later to cause illness.

Shingles is more common after the age of 50 and the risk increases with advancing age. Shingles causes numbness, itching or severe pain followed by clusters of blister-like lesions in a strip-like pattern on one side of your body. The pain can persist for weeks, months or years after the rash heals and is then known as post-herpetic neuralgia."

Typically, shinges can originate in an area around a nerve ending. But your rash has not bothered you? Did the doc give you anything for it? PM if you want to talk, I'm a pharmacist, I'm always interested in ailments.

Yikes! Sorry 'bout the shingles diagnosis. Kimba speaks the truth -- anyone I've known that's had it has had a long recovery. Hope it goes away soon!

Wow, yeah shingles is hardly heard of in younger people. How you have a speedy recovery.

If you find out, let me know...I get these from running too and just figured my skin was irritated from the sweat. :shrug:

how are the shingles MED?

how are the shingles MED?
thats what i was wondering...

Can't shingles be stress induced?

I really hope they go away quickly for you. From what I read about them a couple of weeks ago was that they can be very painful!