Alright, here is the story of my problems. Friday I had urgency to pee, but that went away the next day, which was the same day I started my period... then the next day I get sick and com to find out have strep throat. That monday i go to the clinic and they give me Penicilin I begin to take it and then tuesday or wednesday my labia (both sides i think) is swollen and it itches, but it isn't until a couple days later that I begin to get light brow discharge. I thought it might be a yeast infection, but i was told it usually is white and think, mine is light brownish milky. ?

Yeast infection causes thick, white or yellow cottage chease like discharge and could itch, cause redness, flaking, and swelling

Bacterial infection could also itch but would cause dark yellow, green, or brown.

Yeast infection smells like beer or bread while bacterial smells like rotten fish or may not smell at all.

In either cases, you would need a gynecologist to figure this out, so I would recommend you saw one.

im not sure if i have a yeast infection or a bacterial infection or anything at all, but i have chunky yellowish white discharge and it smells really bad,
im really clean, so how does this happen?
im only sixteen and i have been taking oral contraceptives(aviane)
and i have never yet had a pap . im kind of scared, what do they do?
i also would like to know how to get the conversation started with my mom about this, anyone have any ideas? thanks !

My mom always told me that Penicilin increases your chances of getting a yeast infection. If anything, I think it's because of that. I would go to a doctor about it..but it may go away once you stop taking the penicilin. :-) I hope it goes away soon! If it really doesn't though once you stop taking the meds, it may be a problem.