A few years ago, my appendix bursted and my father was a nurse and thought he could help me by giving me laxatives and pills because I was constipated and always vomitted, but all it did was make me more sick. My stepmother told him after a week to just take me to hospital. I believe we waited too long because I had an emergency surgery, but what I really want to say because its really bothering me.I've looked on the web on appendix surgeries and many people had small scars, I have a very long scar it starts from my belly button to the end of my stomach and i have another scar on the side. My doctor told me that they messed up my surgery really bad because it wasn't suppose to look like that. Do they have any treatments/surgeries where I can get this long scar off?

Did you ever find this information out?

I had my appendix removed this summer and the scar is like half an inch long. But I think your appendix was obviously inflamed and from the size of the scar it seems like it had burst. Mine was removed just because inflammation and the only symptom besides pain was vomiting. It’s because you waited and infection probably managed to spread from appendix to your stomach. So, I don’t think doctors messed up anything, considering how long you waited to get the surgery they probably saved your life.