The appendix is on the right side, but the pain is usually on the left and doctors don’t seem to know why. I have pain occasionally pain on lower tight side of my stomach. I am worried about appendix, because my sister had appendix attack when we were kids. She had complained on pain but they didn’t even suspect on appendix. She had last minute surgery.

The appendix pain usually begins near the navel and moves down and to the right and it gets worse when moving, taking deep breaths, coughing, sneezing, and being touched in the area. You should see a doctor because of you pain as soon as you can. He will diagnose based on symptoms, a physical exam, and blood tests. To check for signs of infection such as a high white blood cell count, and urine tests to rule out a urinary tract infection.

I frequently have the same pain. My pain is due to cysts on my ovaries. I'm not sure if this is the same condition but suggest to your doctor to have it looked at. hope this helps.

Abdominal pain can be very vague, and it's hard to tell what the issue is. I know that it can range from anything from something vague like gas to something very serious like pancreatic cancer. If you have persistent painful feelings in your stomach, then you should get it checked out by a doctor as soon as you can. I know that it might be a bit scary but it's better to find out what it is than to put it off! How long has this pain been bothering you anyway? Please keep us posted!