This string of words in the subject line is what I am coping with each day. My greatest barrier is not that I am extremely hearing impaired as the balance issue removes me from society in a quality and manner which I strive for. Any ideas on how I can address this matter? I have had a vestibular testing done and the physiotherapist is not referring me for vestibular physiotherapy but to yet another neurologist. I am getting the run a round as each specialist just refers me to another. I am using forearm crutches to get around as well as a wheelchair on the "bad" days. Can anyone suggest what I can do to regain the quality of life I knew?
Everlasting

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

Have you considered using a wheelchair fulltime so that you can still get around? Is the issue that you can't get around or that you cannot get information from a doctor consistently? I think that if I were you, I would get a second opinion. What do you think?

Healthnfitnessguy

Thank you for your note. My purpose in posting was to address the balance issue and the options I have to get about. I have a mental block when it comes to using my wheelcair. There is a cruel world out there if you are in any different. Pedistrians do not know what to do when in the same space as a wheeler. On the other hand the use of the crutches is much more socially accepted.
The matter of the number of physicians (neurologists) is riduclous .... it would seem that no one can come up with answers or strategies so instead admitting they don't know they pick up their notes and write something to the effect that a consultation with another physician is in order......a merry-go-round! If a physician told me that I would have to go about my years in this manner - I can accept that however passing the buck is cruel, disabling, insensitive, without compassion and the list goes on.
signed: Everlasting

hi im goin through the same exact thing excepy i use a walker... i have all the above including vertigo that seems like a speedboat!! and the doctors just wana make money bein like take this medicine maybe itll help u.. ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!