If you have any foot surgery have a knee walker waiting for you. do not deal with crutches . The walker is not covered by insurance but is well worth it. I believe anyone over 60 especially should be furnished a knee waker through insurance or someone who lives alone. I have read about people using crutches falling and damaging their foot and having to have surgery to repair it. I had hammertoe and bunion surgery and will need to do the other foot and I will have a knee walker waiting for me when I do..

You may be right for seniors a knee walker will be more beneficial but crutches are worth using for others.  Today we have modern  crutches which are well deisgned and comfortable.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Knee walker was a life saver. Please verify with your insurance company if any part of rental will be covered under durable medical equipment. We found a local pharmacy that will rent one by the week or monthly. If you can afford to buy or rent one it really is worth it.

I'm 50 years old and I could not get the hang of crutches. A knee walker is not only for the elderly. I have no coordination and while practicing with crutches before surgery I lost my balance quite a few times. My physical therapist recommended the knee walker and insurance paid for a portion of the rental. I looked at crutches and did not find any well designed and comfortable and this is in Chicago. Where can I find a pair you are describing?