Thanks to microvascular surgery they were able to preserve toes on my friend’s feet. He had terrible ascendant on the hiking. We all thought that there is no way that he can save the toes.
I am interested to know what the basics of microvascular grafts are. Is there anyone who can tell me? Thank you!

The basic techniques used in microvascular surgery are unlike those of conventional surgery. The principles of arterial bypass have now been applied to the more distal vessels. For example in the hand and foot, allowing arterial reconstitution and restitution of blood flow in diseased extremities. Extremities, like his toes, which previously required amputation because of insufficient blood flow, are saved now because of microvascular technique. The predominant conduit for arterial reconstruction is a reversed vein graft and it is used commonly by the vascular surgeons for extremity revascularization. It has been used by the cardiac surgeons for coronary artery bypass too.