I recently had hammertoe surgery on all 5 toes. 4 of the toes had pins. My podiatrist removed the stitches and pins after 2 weeks. The info I read on this site says pin removal after 4 to 6 weeks. I was wondering if he removed the pins too soon?

How did you end up with this surgery? I had it 3 days ago and my surgeon is saying pin removal in 3 weeks. did the pin removal hurt?

IT HURT LIKE HELL!!!

I had hammer toe surgery on 2 toes and neuroma removal. as far as the pins goe they were removed after 6 weeks. Believe me it does'nt hurt. what hurts is the healing going on. I get little zings going through those 2 toes almost like a shock. they are quite sore. I elevate ,ice and massage. today for the 1st time I went power walking. Not as fast as I use to be and my foot hurt wether I walked or not but , I'm optimistic in time it will get better. don't worry about them taking them out. They do use something like a big wrench butmy doctor gives a pull and they're out. Pauline

I HAD SURGERY DONE ON 3 TOES, PINS INSERTED , HAD THEM REMOVED IN 13 DAYS... ONE OF THE PINS BENDED SLIGHTYY AND IT WAS A PAINFUL PROCESS .. MINUTES BUT FELT LIKE AGES, AFTERWARDS (20MINS OR SO) I WAS WALKIN MORE CONFERTABLY N THE BANDAGING WAS LESS BULKY.

I CURRRENTLY HAD SURGERY ON MY OTHER FOOT, FOR SOME REASON THE PAIN WAS WORST N AFTER A WEEK I WAS SCHEDULED TO GO REMOVED THE PINS AND I ENDED UP PULLIN THEM OUT MYSELF.. I PUT SPLINTERS ON MY TOES AND WRAPPED THEM WELL TO AVOID THEM FROM ORRECTING IMPROPERLY LOL LETS JUST SAY MY FOOT DOCTOR WANTS TO CHOKE ME FOR THAT

i just want to know is th ehammertoe surgery very painful im reading alot of bad articles up on this borad and i am very nervous of getting this done can anyone enlighten me on this. also was it alot of discomfort on the toes my doctor says its not that painful but i like to see him get this done also is it smart to get both feet done at the same time i hear alot of people do that but i dont wanna cripple my self the doctor said do one foot at a time. last does the pain medicine work does ittake the pain away

I had five toes done on my left foot in October. I had 5 pins. The surgery was not as painful as I thought it would be. In 4 weeks he removed the pins and I could wear wide clogs on that foot also my sneakers. The pin removal did not hurt by the way! I think people get some kind of kick out of scaring people. I think the nerves in my toes were still dead. he wiggled the pins out and I did not feel it. having the other foot done in Oct 07.
Very incovenient period - you know showering with a bag over your foot, etc. but not extremely painful. i was in pain before the surgery , so it was well worth it.

Hi ! I had my left foot done 6 mos ago. No, it was not real painful , just very inconvenient. I went back to work in 2 days with my surgical boot. I had 5 toes done and had the side of my foot shaved. I had 5 pins sticking out. I had some discomfort trying to sleep but the Dr. gave me something for that. After the first week, I just used Advil gelcaps during the day. Pin removal did not hurt! I guess your nerves are still dead. He wiggled them out and I never felt it. Doing other foot in Oct 07. I was in quite a bit of pain before I had the surgery. Since my left foot was the worst, I can wear a bigger selection of shoes already, even though I haven't done the right.

Yeah the surgery hurts (well afterwards it does). I had all of my toes done 5 years ago and it didnt work well so I have just had to go through it all over again. I am currently waiting to get the pins removed (6 weeks later)....mine hurt so much because they had to remove my joints and fuse the bones together and cut my tendons. I have to say I am more worried about the pin removal than i was the actual surgery because its the pin bit that hurts the most (ony knowing this as its een done before)....thye dont freeze you or anything, they just rip the pins right out then spray sealer stuff into the holes (talk aut rubbing salt into a wound). The only good thing is that they do it quickly....but there was a lot of cussin on my part....the only other good bit is everyone feels sorry for you and you get a lot of sympathy....everyone does everything for you :-)

may i ask if hammertoe surgery hurts and does getting an arthoplasty or arthedis how ever you say it painful. im nervous and dont know what to expect any one tell form there xperience i hear itdont hurt but then i hear it hurts

subject covers it. I had hammer toe surgery and lots of extra work done on bottom of toe.. hammer toe was caused by broken toe which I did not realize as foot was numb from spine surgry. Anyway, pin in toe seems to be coming out and it has been only 3 days. How long is pin, and what happens if it comes out all the way? Thanks

i hear alot of people say that hammettoe surgery is not that painful im reall nervous and i wanna if anyone got a orthadesis and was it reall painful and did anyone have to get there big toe straightened were doctor has to break the big toe i might pass on that and just get the 2 hammertoes on each foot but i dont wnna get it and regreit it down the road but i think there no need to get it because its not hurting me so why cause pain, also i dont want the big toe to mess the toes that i do get corrected can any one tell me about this. is hammertiowe surgery painful and how long did it take for you to wear sneakers agin

hi

i just want toknow if any one had to get there bigtoe broken tobe put back intoits right alighnment and if they had gotte hammertoe surgery with this and was it painfull, can any one tell me how long it took to recover and how long did they have pain for

can any body enlighten me on a orthrodesis is it painful did anyone get tis or a different procedure andwasit very painful also did they have bunion done with this and if not how was the hammertoe surgery was it painful i hear it dont hurt but then i do and did they remove corns with this. my left give me some pain but not a lot of pain but definitely discomfort. the right really dont hurt but there hammertoes there tooand even if they dont hurt is it smart getting it done can someone tell me please i got some commenysbut i needmore. i have 2 hammertoe on the 2nd and 3rd toes but the big toe is toward the 2nd toe and dontwnat to get surgery and then the big toe messes it up. i have mild bunion is is smart getting it done

I had hammertoe surgery on both feet exactly one year ago. The pin removal was not painful, I had anxieties about it, but it didn't hurt. Today my feet hurt very badly! I have no mobility in my toes that were corrected and I have calluses on the ball of my feet and sharp pains that shoot through my feet. After sitting down and standing back up I can not walk, it takes me a while to get going. It was the biggest mistake I ever made by not checking into the DISadvantages of this surgery. The cons outweigh the pros.