Hi, I have something to talk to you about. I was molested as a child. No one knows about this because I did not discuss it with anyone. Perhaps I should have, but I was just too ashamed to. I think about it all the time. I have never had any serious relationship and I know that molesting caused it. Do you have any suggestions that can help me?

Hi, I am so sorry to hear this. Child molesting is a serious crime. However, little percentage of children molesting is discovered. This is because of the fact that children are too afraid to ask for help. Usually molesting is conducted by father. Mothers are also feeling insecure and afraid to go to the authorities and present their problem. Most of the molested children find comfort in vices later in life. It is a good thing that you did not turn this way. I suggest you see a professional therapist (psychiatrist) and talk to him about your problem. I know that it is hard to talk to anyone about your situation, but this is truly the only way for you to have a chance for a normal life. He will without a doubt help you get over the traumas you suffered. The only issue is the time you will need to spend with the therapist. This depends on how "deep" the traumas are.