Please I need some urgent help info! My daughter is teen having an eating disorder! She is only 15 and she is so tiny that it frightens me and still thinks she is fat and counts calories all the days and she refuses eating in our company for she prefers eating alone. The situation is pretty much alarming for she has lost her periods lately and her hair and nails are brittle. Do you thing that my teen needs a treatment-I really need help on this!

To me it looks like your teen is in real trouble for it is obvious your daughter has an eating disorder and I would say it is about anorexia nervosa-for the symptoms you have described. This is a serious condition and you should react on time with some positive approach-just make her visit a doc somehow but remember it is not that simple making a teen having an eating disorder to admit it and not to mention to visit a doc-but on the other hand that is the only way she could get helped. And be aware that if it turns out she is in serious condition she could even be hospitalized and afterwards some psychotherapy and counseling are included as the part of the treatment-so all this is focused on creating the right picture on what is normal eating habits and normal outlook. It takes time but finally most of the treated eating disorders results in getting and establishing the positive approach about eating habits.

At this point you need to get help. I have been there and it is not some thing that you can fix on you own. Look in your area for eating disorder groups they can be very helpful.