I want to know how to get rid of bell's palsy as soon as possible. I am so annoyed with this condition that I do not even wish to go out. I am always calling my doctor for consultation and advices, and I attend therapies regularly, Still, I would like to know if there are some other ways to treat this condition, such as bell's palsy electrical stimulation.

Well, the best advice from me would be to listen to what your doctor says. He knows your situation, the state of your condition and what must be done next. As for electrical stimulation, it is a procedure used for facial paralysis and it is actually very common technique. Still, there is a doubt about its effectiveness since it was found out that it might damage neural regeneration.

Hello there brant,

I know that you are annoyed because of this condition but you must be patient. My sister had palsy paralysis last year and unfortunately in her case recovery lasted 3 months so believe me I have saw the worst of her during that period. I completely agree with the poster above me because the best way to recover completely is to follow your doctor’s directions. After all he is the medical expert and we are just patients and why would you want to risk that some complications occur.

Rest, and try to do something useful for yourself. I hope that you will recover soon and if you have some additional questions please ask. Good luck.

I got it on Easter Sunday my eye has always closed almost all the way the paralysis is still there but my speech is coming back better then when I first got it. Can anyone tell me if the paralysis is the last to come back after the speech? My eye and smile are still not moving. Just my speech is improving. any help or suggestions would be helpful

I just got bells palsey on easter :Sunday and my speech is getting better but my eye and smile are still paralyzed does the speech get better first then the paralysis gets better? I am worried I wont get my smile back . can anyone help or give me some advise? I would appreciate it.

I got mine back in Dec 4th, am a lot better now. My speech came back first but very slowly. It's been over 5 months and I am still not 100%. My right side of face still feels heavy and eventhough I can close my eyes and smile, there is discomfort throughtout the day and gets worse by end of work. I was off work for about 3 month however as I am improving, had to come back to work. I started accupunture about month after I got the palsy and accupunturist tells me I cam bit too late. I met 3 people who had palsy at accupunture place and they are all better except me. They all started accupunture right away. I went my doctor and was on steroid for a month which didn't help at all. I am still waiting for a day I can lift my right eye brow. Anyhow try accupunture, vitamin B12 and massage effected area. Good Luck.