My best friend has been diagnosed with AIDS/HIV. I am still in shock after hearing that he suffers from this disease, even though he says that AIDS is no longer deadly, and can be treated and managed by doctors very well now, much like any other chronic disease. I saw on television once that diet can slow down the progression of AIDS. Where can I learn more about that?

I found this * http://www.fao.org/docrep/005/y4168e/y4168e00.HTM * manual on how to live with HIV and Aids to be very useful. It has a great section on nutrition and different foods that are beneficial for Aids patients, as well as which foods to avoid. Perhaps you could forward that link to your friend, and read it yourself also, to gain a better understanding of what he is going through. It is wonderful that you are such a caring and good friend. Those who are newly diagnosed with HIV often feel isolated and alone. When there is someone there for us, always willing to listen, the journey is just a little bit less painful.