I would appreciate much if someone tells me what would be the proper diet for type 1 diabetes-for that is how I am diagnosed recently and I am already prescribed insulin injections on daily basis followed by regular daily monitoring of my blood sugar levels and I am planning on doing this treatment the right way for I do care much about my health condition. Anyway I am also interested in diet for type 1 diabetes and am willing to hear what I should be eating.

Keep in mind that you should be eating healthy just like each of us should be eating generally and that means actually taking a lot of fruit and vegetables and food rich in fibers so avoid fat and junky foods for this would only cause you further diabetes 1 type complications such as blood vessels damage but also vision problems and kidney damage. Anyway proper diet is essential for patients with type 1 diabetes and you should be actually following proper meal plan consisted of high nutrition levels and low in calories and keep in mind you should be eating each day at about the same time. I am also diagnosed with type 1 diabetes and am following for year's now special meal plan done by my dietitian and it fits my current condition and lifestyle and is actually based on having the right balance of carbohydrates, proteins and fats.