I am seriously considering going vegetarian. All of this was triggered by a PETA spot that I saw on youtube, after which I started doing more research and now I just feeling sick thinking about what they do to those poor animals. Please tell me - what is the best diet for vegetarians? How do you get started on a veggie diet? I have eaten meat all my life so perhaps it would be wiser to transition into vegetarianism more gradually? Do you have any words to help me along?

There are plenty of vegetarian and vegan blogs and recipe websites that could help you find out what great meals you can have as a vegetarian. You could start with browsing some of these. There are also lots of cookbooks for vegetarians. Let me just say that I have been a vegetarian for ten years now, and lots of people think that I eat boring meals all the time. Nothing could be further from the truth!