Hi, I have been thinking about becoming a vegetarian. I never liked meat and I know that I will not miss it. However, I can not imagine my diet without milk and dairy products. I am used to drink at least two glasses of milk daily. I know that there are vegetarians that eat only vegetables, but is there a vegetarian diet that includes dairy products?

Hello, there is a vegetarian diet that meets your needs. It is called lacto vegetarianism. This diet allows you to eat all types of dairy products. Meat and eggs are forbidden. The lacto vegetarians believe that milk and dairy products are produced without any harm being done to the animals and there for are totally acceptable. On the other hand eggs are thought to be unborn animals and that by eating them you actually kill animals. However, I don’t know why you want your diet to be a part of largely accepted diet. If I had told you that there is no vegetarian diet that includes dairy products would you decide to withdraw milk from your diet? I think you would not. So live your life the way you think is best and don’t follow anyone’s example.