Hi I recently got married and already have problems. My husband is on vegan diet, which I do not know anything about. The only thing I know is that he does not eat anything made or used from animals, only fruits and vegetables. I am now thinking about complete meals for him. Have you heard of pure advantage meal replacement?

I know that it is difficult for others to understand our (the vegan people) way of life and eating. I can just imagine your confusion when it comes to cooking for your husband. Why don't you talk to him and try to explain your concerns? But before you do that I will recommend mine pure advantage meal replacement. Mostly I use Vegan Complete Meal Replacement and I am quite satisfied with it.

First, hopefully you've found out how to deal with this by now. I guess my first inclination is that someone on a vegan diet should be knowledgeable about nutrition. If your husband is a vegan but doesn't know the slightest thing about vegan nutrition, then he's in for an unhealthy ride, and you're in for some bad times too.

OK, so even though you somehow got through the dating period without him passing on whatever knowledge he has about what he eats and how he maintains a healthy diet, you can pick up a few books on vegan nutrition. A few worth mentioning:
    The China Study: The Most Comprehensive Study of Nutrition Ever Conducted and the Startling Implications for Diet, Weight Loss and Long-term Health by T. Colin Campbell, Thomas M. Campbell II, John Robbins, and Howard Lyman.

Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook by Isa Chandra Moskowitz, Terry Hope Romero, Isa Moskowitz, and Terry Romero (Hardcover - Oct 31, 2007)

VegNews magazine.

Vegetarian Resource Group

Next, pick up some good vegan cookbooks. A search of Amazon revealed 3 pages of cookbooks. Your local library probably has some of them as well. Additionally, there are plenty of vegan recipe sites online.

Finally, if your husband expects you to do all the cooking for him, tell him to go F*(k himself.