I have always been able to drink, but at the age 60, over the last 15 years, my "tolerance" has decreased to near zero. Now, with just 2 ounces of wine, I will have a hangover the next day, 2 glasses, my hangover will last three days.

What is going on? I am healthy and all my bloodwork seems fine. Liver, etc.

this may due to age related decline in acetylaldehyde dehydrogenase or increased sensitivity to the toxic acetylaldehyde metabolites of alcohol

aldehyde article excerpts

....Alcohol itself is not particularly toxic, however its aldehyde metabolites are. Aldehydes are the primary substances that are created by your metabolism of alcohol, and they are responsible for most of its neurotoxic (brain-toxic) effects, also known as “hangovers”. Sesapure (sesamin/episesamin) greatly up-regulates the production of aldehyde dehydrogenase -- the enzyme that breaks aldehyde down into a harmless substance called acetate. Because Sesapure converts these aldehydes so rapidly and completely to acetate, it minimizes the neurotoxicity since there are less aldehydes left in your system to generate the hangover in the first place.

.....Glucorell(r-lipoic), during alcohol consumption, impacts the alcohol-metabolizing equation by causing the aldehyde dehydrogenase enzymes to continue their work by reactivating them. Usually, once the body uses the aldehyde dehydrogenase to make this conversion, the body will see this chemical as inactive or expired. Via redox action R-lipoic reactivates the enzyme.