Hello, folks. My sister in law has been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. I know that this is tough condition. She was recommended to try with cooling therapy in MS. I would like to know how you reacted on this kind of treatment. I would really appreciate if someone could tell me more. Thanks.

Hi to you too. I have heard about this cooling technique. I thought it was still in experimental phase. Maybe your sister in law will have benefit from this. It is shown that increase in body temperature can slow down the speed on of nerve impulses. It is logical that cooling therapy can help. I am sorry I don’t know any detail. Maybe someone else here will. I hope you’ll find out something. Good luck!

Hi. I have also heard about cooling therapy. There are several techniques available. You can take cooling showers or baths. Air conditioner is used here. Using ice packs or even cold drinks are also possible. There is also a cooling vest. It is one of the most popular cooling devices. Usually, people experience benefits after one hour. It will be shown up to four hours. I hope this helps.

Hi, everyone. In MS, a sheet that surrounds nerves is being destroyed. This sheet is called myelin. When myelin is destroyed, then nerve impulse conduction is impaired. Then, a slight increase in body temperature can interfere with nerve impulse conduction. The cooling therapy can help. Many studies still investigate this technique. I think it would be best to consult an expert about this. If you find out anything new, please let me know. Bye!