I am 16 years old and I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism when I was first born. I've never had any problems in my throat until yesterday. It's been closing on and off. I am underweight and get heat flashes when I am on my menstrual cycle. I recently had a kidney infection and I'm taking new medication to get rid of it. I want it all to stop and if anyone can help it at all, I will be so grateful. I've been freaking out. Thank you so much for your time!

Hi r.rani,

I find it a bit surprising that you have hypothyroidism and are under weight.  Usually a person with an underactive thyroid is over weight.  As to your hot flashes during your period, sounds like you have a hormonal  imbalance.  You might want to have your estrogen levels checked.  Is your period on time and relatively normal in flow?  About the kidney infection, the medication you are taking which I don't know what that is, may be affecting your thyroid in some way or just causing your throat to tense up.  Take a look at the name of your medication and search for it on the Internet (probably want to go to WebMD) or drug site and look for side effects of your drug.  If its a good site, it will probably tell you why you have that side effect if that is know and let you know if you need to report that to your doctor and the FDA.  The FDA has a website to report side effects of drugs.  You might also find other people out there on the FDA site that are reporting the same side effect.   

Thank you so much you are a lifesaver! I have been freaking OUT. I am so sorry I have hyperthyroidism. My cycles are usually on time and very heavy in flow. They last for 6 days and they are just a nightmare. I'll definitely google the name of the drug. Thank you so much once again!!