Ok, I started taking birth control in the middle of December. I took them before I started my period because I knew I would be going out of town. I had a period around the 26th of December. I went out of town the second week of January to visit my boyfriend. I noticed I was spotting some before I went to see him. I continued spotting the few days I was there. We had unprotected sex several times. I quit taking my birth control about a week after I got back because I was still spotting. That was around the 23rd of January. I bled for a couple days after I stopped but that was it. Was that my period? I haven't had one since then

OK, well first, you should start your birth control the sunday after your last period. Secondly, when first starting birth control, you will have spotting the first 3-6 months until your body gets used to the pill. I would have protected sex as your body gets used to the pill. Its better safe then sorry.