Okay, so I took 1 birth control pill because I wanted to prevent my period from happening. I have a couple of questions.

1. I understand that there are side effects to birth control pills, but do they last longer than 1 day especially if I just took 1 ? I took one on Feb 28 and it's March 2nd and I still feel pretty lousy.I'm feeling light headed, nauseous, head aches, and I feel weaker than usual.

2. How long will it take for my period to get back on track ? will I have to wait until next month ? I was supposed to get it around March 4th but started getting symptoms Feb 26 so I took the pill because I wanted to get intimate with my boyfriend (yes i used protection, lol) and I'm wondering if I should be ready for it this month or next month.

Lastly, around December, I was intimate with my boyfriend and when he went to put the condom on, he put it on the wrong way first, then flipped it over and we did it. Can I get pregnant from that ? I was worried and I did research, and I've been paranoid about it. My nipples started to ache and get dark, but I don't know if it's my body or if it's just because they've been bitten on. Also, upper abdomen (above my belly button) has been swollen, but that's not because I'm pregnant right ?

I really need to know if there is a possible chance that I am pregnant. I'm too young and I have a lot going for me to ruin it with a kid. Please let me know !

Thanks !

Health Guru
I dont know about the pill but the pregnancy bit you say December you had sex before or after your period for that month and have you had a period for January and February?

i did it after my period, and yes i got my period afterwards, but my cousin went through a pregnancy where she had her period for the whole 9 months

Well first off did you take only one pill from the pack? Ha idk what that really does and I am not sure if it actually does anything at all. You would have to take one pill a day for more than a week for it actually do anything because missing a day or two gives you a good chance of getting pregnant. I would honestly take a pregnancy test if I were you. Just in case. Hey you may have nothing to worry about BUT with the birth control pill thing I am pretty sure it takes more than one day for it to be effective. My doctor told me to take precautions until i was completely done with the first pack (which takes about a month) Secondly, unless he ejaculated into the condom and then flipped it over I think you are safe in that situation. And you are right. It is possible to have your period and be pregnant, when my mom was pregnant with me and my sister she had her period the full 9 months.