I received a black eye almost 2 months ago; the swelling went away after about two weeks but since then there's been a persistent noticeable discoloration exactly where the swelling was. Unfortunately I only started putting an ice pack on the swelling after about 2-3 days if that matters. Will it just take time to go away or am I just stuck with the discoloration. Thank you.

Two months sounds too long for a black eye to still be noticeable. It should go away within 10 days tops. The color results from bursting blood vessels and surrounding tissue.

Uncomplicated bruises shouldn't cause any complications but if it's been there for so long, you better see a doc!

Hi there,
I know that a black eye is a relatively common result of injury to the face or the head. This is often caused when blood and other fluids collect in the space around the eye which has been caused by some sort of injury. I am not really sure how long does this issue lasts but I think that you might try to put some warm compresses around the black eye in order to get rid of it sooner. Also try to wash your eye with chamomile because it is very helpful for the eye. I hope that you will get rid of this soon and that this helped you in any way.

Best wishes,
Marco