I think that my newborn has an eye infection for his right eye looks so pinky, light pinky and I hardly can stand look at this any more. My friend told me that if this is a viral infection it could pass even on to his left eye. is it possible that a newborn might be having some eye infection-my baby has only 3 months and do you think I should go see a doc? I thought this was nothing that much serious but it doesn't go away and I have really started to worry.

And I think you should be worried for this eye infection might easily be a newborn conjunctivitis which is well known as "pink eye" like you have described it. There are many causes of conjunctivitis –some bacteria or virus might have caused it, but also some chemicals or allergy. My kid also had it at first weeks of life and his conjunctivitis was of bacterial origin so he was treated with some antibiotic drops, I was also applying warm compresses to his eye and it is advisable not to touch the eye especially with dirty fingers for the hygiene is much important here. Anyway you should go seek some medical help for I don’t think that this eye infection could go away on its own that easy in fact it may even cause some complications.