Hi, folks. My boyfriend was yesterday in a car accident. He was taken to hospital immediately. Doctors diagnosed rib fracture. I would like to ask anyone what kind of treatment there is for fractures on this location. Perhaps, someone can help me with this. I would appreciate that very much. Thanks in advance.

Hello. Don’t worry too much. I went through the same with my boyfriend several years ago. First, the most important thing is rest. Some protection for ribs like rib binder is also recommended. Some drugs are also prescribed. Those are usually the ones that remove pain and inflammation. He can get ibuprofen, naproxen, aspirin or acetaminophen. When the ribs are healed, then physical therapy will be needed. Hospitalization is usually necessary when there is a complication on internal organs. Good luck!

I just sustained 7 rib fractures in an auto accident!   As I am also a doc I took Homeopathic Remedies which are helpful in healing.  So, here are some of the remedies:
Bryonia 30C or 200C or 1M   (these are potencies and the higher the better) Usually higher than 30C you would have to find a homeopathic pharmacy.  I am taking 10M.  Especially useful when there is sharp or much worse pain with 'slight' movement.   Just like breathing, coughing, etc. with a broken rib.
Arnica montana.... the same potency information as above, but Arnica is BEST when injury first happens ASAP... it helps prevent swelling, bleeding, pain.  The sensations are the persons feels beaten, bruized, sore. 
Ruta graveolens..... as above for potency.   Helps with the soft tissue part of the injury.  Injury, stretching to tendons, ligaments with soreness and burning pain.  Makes the person feel a weakness in that area.
Symphytum......   great for increasing the rate of bone healing... in folk medicine the plant is called 'bone knit'.   You can use a 30C here.
Hypericum .....   Another first aid remedy for nerve injury (crush of fingers and toes) but with the neuralgic pain of a rib fracture it can be helpful too.
You can go to other sites that give info on how to dose, but basically 2 pellets are "one" dose.  The frequency to repeat depends upon on how severe/acute the pain is.   So, start with Bryonia if indicated by the symptoms and take the pellets each 15 minutes for one hour... at the end of the hour if the pain is getting better you can decrease the repetition.  The pain may change to something else.. or another symptom is more prevalent.  That indicates to use a remedy for that 'picture'..
Hope this helps.   I'm going on week 3 of this injury..  
The most painful experience I ever had!!
Sincerely

I get the rib binder, but should heat or ice be applied ?

I broke #9 rib on my right side because I fell flat on my chest. Very painful. Doctor has given me Tamerol for pain. I am going to try your Ruta graveolens for the sore muscles surrounding the break, and the Hypericum. Especially will try Symphytum for bone healing. Thank you. I'd like to get full-body massage regularly. I hope this is possible without disturbing the break and the healing area around it. I am over 65 so I expect a longer healing process. Please feel free to contact me if you have further advice. Thank you!