I know that a blighted ovum is a common type of miscarriage, that I am afraid very much. I found out that happens when a fertilized egg implants in your uterus but the resulting embryo either stops developing very early or does not form at all. One friend of mine said this early pregnancy loss is sometimes called an anembryonic pregnancy. Since I am trying to get pregnant for a long time, I was reading a lot about that. Problem is that I could not find what will happen if I have blighted ovum.

Interesting is that even if you have blighted ovum, you will get a positive result on a pregnancy test. That is because blighted ovum because the placenta begins to develop anyway and starts to secrete human chorionic gonadtrophin (hCG). You will probably experience some of the symptoms that are common in a normal pregnancy such as fatigue, nausea, and sore breasts, but later you are likely to have spotting or bleeding. At first, you might notice some reddish-brown staining. Later, you could have cramps or bleeding as your hormone levels recede, but even if you are having cramps, bleeding, or a uterus that is not growing you should have an ultrasound. If you have a blighted ovum, this ultrasound is able to show an empty gestational sac. Once you got blighted ovur, you are likely to miscarry. The miscarriage process can take weeks, though, and once you find out you are not carrying a baby. Then, you may decide to have your practitioner perform a suction curettage or dilation and curettage to remove the tissue. You will also need to have this procedure if you have any problems that make it unsafe to wait for a miscarriage happen on its own.