I went to my OB today to find out why I have been sick and still testing positive on my HPTs... Last Wednesday, the took my HCG Level which was 260. On Friday it was 548. On Monday, 1246. Today, my level was 1818. I also had an ultrasound performed today showing the gestational age of my baby to be 4 weeks 6 days. We were able to see the yolk sac in the uterus, but were unable to see the fetal pole. My OB stated he did not expect to see the fetal pole today, but should be able to see it next week - on Thursday. So another U/S has been scheduled for this date. Now, considering I had an abortion 6 -6 1/2 weeks ago, no cycle - I am unsure as into when I ovulated - but obviously I have because I am pregnant again. I ask him am I at an increased risk of miscarrying because I became pregnant so soon after the abortion and he said yes I am. But we can't tell anything right now because it is still so early. He said my stats are good, but my quants are low. Has anyone had a similar situation? Has anyone gotten pregnant within 6 weeks after an abortion? Are my levels too low that they may signify a miscarriage. Any advice concerning my levels at 4 weeks 6 days would be wonderful. Just very nervous and worried about miscarrying. When I had my abortion - I was 3 weeks for gestational age and went with the surgical method. Even though I regret it and have learned I am not alone in these regrets...I feel as if something is wrong with my baby now - it's because of my abortion and I am being punished. There is nothing I can do to change the past (and that being my first and only abortion), I don't know if I can handle the same emotional pain (extentuating circumstance caused me to have the abortion - and it is not something I am comfortable talking about just yet). When they check my uterus and ovaries today - everything looked good - but the sonographer sick my uterus looked thick - but that could be due to the pregnancy. Any advice would be helpful because I am at a lost right now wondering if I will have a blighted ovum, miscarriage later in pregnancy due to the wall scraping of my uterus.

Sorry - the sonographer stated my uterus looked thick (not sick). sorry! Typing kind of fast and kind of emotional right now. Also meant to say that the yolk sac is in the uterus.

I wish you the best. And you can always get a second opinion. Go to a high risk obstrictitian. Don't worry your feelings can be pased on to your baby. Be positive and just do what you can. Do it for you and your baby. My best wishes.

Thank you, Analilia1. Hoping for the best and just trying to prepare for the worst. Pretty calm now...I think I am just reading too much.

ANALILIA1 wrote:

Counseling might help you right now. Also the love and support of the ones who love you. Tell the people who love you to give you a big hug. You will feel better. I send you lots of love from the bottom of my heart. Stop reading and get some rest. You and your baby need it. Tomorrow go to your yard or the park and see the trees and all the beauty nature has to offer. I'M SURE YOU BABY WILL FEEL NATURE THROUGH YOU. I had an abortion also and I regret it so much. I will never do such a thing again. Whatever happens do not feel guilty. We are human beings that make mistakes and the important thing is to learn from them and try not to repeat them. This pregnancy is left to a hgher power but you can always ask or pray if you believe in praying. I believe when we want something from the bottom of our hearts someone is there to listen and things can turn out just fine. Help is always there but sometimes we have to look for it and fight for what we want. Don't give uop. Again lots ogf love to you and your child. I CARE.

Shaylah5221 wrote:

ANALILIA1 wrote:

Hi, I had a misscarrige and usually any trained sonographer can tell when your starting to miscarry DONT PANIC OR GET STRESSED as this can help enduce things. Just think what you will have very soon xxx

We are all scared after we lose one baby, that the next one will be lost as well. Its very much normal.

But because you had an abortion, and not a natural miscarriage, I would not worry about the healthy developement of this baby. There was nothing to say that the last baby would not have made it on its own.

I think that a thick lining is a good thing! That is what is supporting your baby through the whole pregnancy.

If you decide to abort again, please reflect on this pain, as to whether or not you should begin a birth control regime.

hello I was wondering did everything go well with your birth of your child? I'm in the same position now

Dear, if you are still pregnant, abortion just isn't the way to go. You could end up regretting it. Believe me, it's quite common for a woman to regret her abortion. If you want to help yourself, please go see your local crisis pregnancy center. They are welcoming and comfortable places that help you work out her options and find one that works for her before you do something hasty. Honestly, you won't regret it. Also, I'm pretty sure adoption could work for you because then your child will be cared for by a loving family. You won't regret that decision at all and your child will grow up fine. Believe me, I know two little girls who were adopted. You may not agree with what I am saying, but I'm just trying to help you before you do something you may regret. I hope this makes things Better

I am in a similar situation and very much regret my decision

My girl had an abortion in July and 2 weeks later we had protected sex and a week later she fumed she is pregnant again. So I want to ask how possible can that be ?

Hey whatever happened in ur situation??