Basically, I had two miscarriges last year (a blighted ovum and really early miscarriage at 7 weeks), and we are still trying for a baby. We have gone to a fertiltity specialist who has said that everything looks fine, so I am putting our problems down to stress...but not sure....
anyway, I am now 10 days late (my period has been slighly irregular since the last miscarriage last November, but nothing like this), and I have done three tests (none in the morning-one was at the doctors ironically, on the day my period was due at his suggestion, another was two days ago and the last yesterday, but I had a lot of fluid before both). the first test was negative, the second had a faint positive and the third had a negative.
But, I still have really tender breasts, haven't had my period and I have had a temperature on and off for the past week or so. I feel pregnant (as in I have had some odd stitches, hunger, hightened sense of smell, discharge, problems going to the bathroom and also a great need to pee), but I am not sure if its just hormonal changes or if I am pregnant and its just not showing itself yet.
Any ideas?
I had thought that we might have been pregnant and now its miscarring, but I don't have any of the symptoms of that either...
So..basically, I am at a loss. We really want kids, but I am at that turning point of just giving up and accepting its just not going to happen.....that for some reason, though we can get pregnant, I can't keep it....
any help would be greatly appreciated....
hope all is well.

Hi honey! I understand your worry about miscarying! But since you have both been checked out and everything was fine, that should give you a little comfort! The best thing to do is for you to go and get a blood test by your doctor! Till I became a supporter on here, I would have always told people that HPT were DEAD on! BUT since this I have to say that the stories of HPT showing negative and then a few weeks later and $100's of dollars in tests!, These women went and got a blood test and VOILA!!!!! They were pregnant! So go with your instinct! And get checked out! IF that comes back negative, you will need a pelvic internal vaginal ultrasound to determine if you have a ovarian cyst! But it all sounds like you are pregnant! I just would liek you to get checked out ASAP! AS - I know this is a negative but I have to tell you - some women whom have had miscarriages CAN be more susceptable to Etopic Pregnancies! so please get checked OK!? And please let me know how you make out OK? Good lucka nd health honey!

Hi Babmi27-
huge thanks for your comment. I will call the doctor and arrange for a blood test tomorrow. Its really odd, that I am testing negative as the first pregnancy (the blighted ovum) was extremely positive....but you never know.
anyway, huge thanks again and hope all is well with you. Its just very reassuring to hear other people's experiances and thougts on the subject-it seems like pregnancy is a huge unknown for the medical industry as everyone has different experiances and they can't pin down why....anyway...huge thanks again!

Val

Hypergish, that definitely sounds like a good course of action! The bloodtest is able to detect pregnancy hormones that are present that urine test usually don't show up until later. I hiope that you're doing well and let us know how it comes out okay?