I am ready to have a baby now and I have a husband who wants the same. I am in a positive frame of mind, and I want to take every precaution to ensure the best. I know that pregnancy is a very critical state, and every minor mistake can lead to a miscarriage. That is why I would like to heard more about it, which is the first sign of miscarriage. If that happens, what my gynecologist could do?

Spotting is fist sign there is something wrong, and might miscarriage happened. Although, blood spots are a part of pregnancy, so do not take it lightly. If this happens, you should call your doctor and give him the details. During this period of your pregnancy, you can wear sanitary napkins but no tampons. Abdominal pain, cramps can be a part of it also, so if you want to be on the safer side, always call your doctor. Once you notice sign of miscarriage and visit your doctor, he will first take an ultrasound. If an embryo with a heartbeat is visible, the chances miscarriage happened are low. Usually, erupted ovum or an empty sac indicates you have miscarriage. In some cases, sac is not yet visible, and then you will have to take an ultrasound scan again indicating you are less than 7 weeks. If it is your second trimester and your cervix is opening, there could be performed a procedure called cerclage. The best prescription of miscarriages is bed rest and forgoing sex is advisable until the bleeding and cramping stops.