I had a blighted ovum miscarriage and thought I was at 12 weeks and had an ultrasound and found there only to be a 5 week sac. This happened at the end of June and I haven't had a period since. I did a HPT 2 weeks ago (negative) and went back to my doctor. She said if you still don't get a period in 2 weeks (which would be this week) go for a blood test as you could be pregnant again. I decided to do another HPT last week and both came up positive. Is there a chance I could be pregnant or could it still be HCG levels from the miscarriage?

I suppose it could be both.

If you did not get pregnant now, I would suggest you waited three months between two pregnancies (the miscarriage and a new pregnancy), so that your body could go back on its tracks.

My doctor said that as long as you are healthy, in the first 3 months, if you miscarry it is usually safe to get pregnant again, as soon as you ovulate.

Miscarriages are so sad, so if you don't feel emotionally ready, then wait, but good luck.