Hi, my friend is pregnant and she is 35 years old. She discovered her pregnancy last week when her urine tests were positive. Soon after that she started to feel cramps in her stomach and she found two spots of blood on her underwear. I would like to know what symptoms of blighted ovum are as she is afraid that blighted ovum caused these manifestations.

Hi, blighted ovum doesn't have some specific symptoms and it may cause cramps and blood drops on underwear. However these symptoms are not specific so it may mean something and doesn't have to mean anything. I would suggest your friend to visit her doctor if she is scared so much and he will make ultra sound to be sure what is going on.

Hi, blighted ovum doesn't have some specific symptoms and it may cause cramps and blood drops on underwear. However these symptoms are not specific so it may mean something and doesn’t have to mean anything. I would suggest your friend to visit her doctor if she is scared so much and he will make ultra sound to be sure what is going on.