Hello - I'm a 37 yo male (6' tall, 150 lbs) who has, in my opinion, eaten fairly well (apples, salads, water, chicken, etc) for several years. I am also generally active, taking strong walks 2-3x / week.

A few months ago I started waking around 4 or 5 am, once a week or so, with the feeling that there was a mass near my belly-button. The mass would generally dissipate after drinking water. A few weeks ago, the "mass" became an uncomfortable (and somewhat panicking) sensation that there was a lot of dense mass in my abdomen. I feel very FULL during these episodes (which occur 1-2x / week). Drinking water and having a BM frequently would help, but not always. Sometimes it would be a half-hour or so for the feeling to pass.

I've since started taking good looks at the BM's (trying to find evidence of blood) and have seen on two occasions a tiny amount of what appears to be red blood. I also see what looks like dark specs very lightly dispersed on them (I mention b/c I know blood from higher up in GI tract is black - but I know they may be food also). I never have diarrhea, and in general the stools seem to be a bit shorter and denser than usual. Again, I drink a lot of water.

Anyone had anything similar? Many thanks...

Hey man, I'm Ethan. Can you tell me more about your diet habits? Are you eating plenty of vegetables? I can't seem to understand why is this happening to you all of a sudden. Is your stool regular in past few months? I personally don't know what problem do you have, but I can advise you to visit a specialist about your concern, in order to establish a punctual diagnosis. Also, I suggest you to give your stool on examination, to run blood test to see if there's any bacteria and ultimately find out what is causing your bloated stomach.

Mine's much more frequent now, but that's how it started.

As for the belly button issue, my doctor suspected I had an umbilical hernia (although humorously never touched the area to find out.)

It feels as if my bowels are tight and packed up.

I wake at night - almost every night now - normally feeling very thirsty, bloated, having to stand and burp a lot.

On top of this usually when I wake, there's a numb limb either a leg or more recently a hand.

One time I woke up in the morning feeling as though I had been punched under my left rib.

Usually there is tenderness/aching under my left shoulderblade.

Im 20 years old and healthy for the most part. I eat decently, you could say I could eat better. I am also having these bloatings in the morning.

They usually wake me up early in the morning because of mild pain the abdomen area and it swells up like a balloon. As the day progresses I usually burp or release gas and early in the afternoon all the pain and swelling is gone.

I went to the doctor and he diagnosed me with parasites.....hmmm. Maybe because I had diahrea at the time. The medication actually worked, I finished the treatment and 2 weeks later here I am again with the swelling. No other symptoms that I am aware of.

I'm 24 years old and consider myself healthy.

My diet consists mostly of fruits, vegetables, fish, cereal, skim milk, and various nuts.

I walk 40 minutes a day 7 days a week, jog 40 minutes a day 5 days a week, and do weight training twice a week. I take flax seed oil, vitamin B, and Zinc (20mg).

I weigh 160lbs and I'm 6"1'

I've been having this exact same issue. I wake up with a tight/full feeling in my abdomen. This usually takes 30 minutes to an hour to begin to feel better, and is usually relieved after I burp a lot.

When I feel like this it also makes breathing a bit uncomfortable, like I have to exert more pressure to expand my lungs fully.

I am 22 yr old girl who had H. Pylori for 2 years. I had these exact same symptoms. H. Pylori causes peptic ulcers which cause the bloating, difficulty to breathe, and for me, mid-upper back pain. I went on antibiotics last October (2008). I am rid of H. Pylori, but since it caused an ulcer, I still have the bloating and difficulty breathing symptoms. I'm not sure how these symptoms will go away, except maybe time will just make them go away. But, please get tested for this nasty bug because you want to get rid of it as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the longer it will take to heal the damage it does to your stomach. I hope you all figure out what is wrong because stomach pain is the worst.

Hi, 28yr Male 5'8" 145lbs. I don't eat the best foods, but i'm becoming more conscious , I was diagnosed with an umbilical hernia 4 years ago, its seems fairly small and just makes my "innie" (belly button)look like an "outtie". I've gone to ER from anxiety due to back pain and bloating, Most days of the week I wake up feeling sore in the middle of my lower back and on the spine and even with out really trying, when i stretch it out, it will pop or crack or both and that feels a little better, but the worst part is the tightness and soreness of what feels like my stomach down to the small intestine. I feel like I have to manually move my guts around to get some movement going on, not in a harsh way, but just apply a good enough pressure to certain area's of my lower stomach area with my hands. i seem to pass small amounts of gas that make a big difference and relieve the pressure but never totally. I get bloated real quick over certain meals and I could stay that way for a couple days and I'll hardly eat anything during that time cause I don't feel like i can fit anymore food although I may have a small appetite, like that last time I ate as much dominos pizza as i could eat.
I tried getting help with my local clinic and they prescribed prozac and then paxil cause i told them prozac isn't working for this problem
I'm aware that pain killers and the like cause constipation. and I don't take any but when I do it really takes the edge of my back and stomach and I even get a massive appetite sometimes. other symptoms are frequent urination, nausea, clammy hands when anxiety is high and tummy feel tight and bloated, hard to swallow. I'm sure not everything is related, but Im no doctor.
I am looking into natural detoxing by drinking lots of water daily and trying a fruit and veggie only diet for ahile.
I don't know if it has to do with the hernia? or if its a parasite?...an ulcer?...or maybe i just have a lot of stuff backed up?
either way I'm open to hear any new advice.

thanks for reading, god bless

kidney stones,get someone with an ultrasound to break them up and prescribe you with tablets to help the digestion

Hi, I am a 25 year old female and I have had the same problem for several years now. The only diagnosis I have been able to get from a doctor is IBS and possible bowel obstruction. Through lots of study and many many flair ups I have determined that IBS has a symptom of paralytic illeus which can cause a section of the intestine to pinch off and block up the whole track. This can and will cause, constipation and the fast track to the disease process: Headaches; Skin problems like eczema and psoriasis; Frequent colds; Fatigue; Hyper/hypoglycemia; Insomnia; Irritability; Edema/swelling; Bloating/gas; Acid reflux/indigestion; Asthma/allergies; Overweight/underweight; Low sex drive; Menstrual problems; Depression; Intimate itching and infections; General aches and pains. If I am unable to take care of a flare up within the first day, I get horribly ill with flu like symptoms for days. I have found that a heating pad on the lower back and/or abdomen, anti-diahhareal medication(it actually helps to move everything through and relieve the pressure from gas), milk of magnesia and a daily fiber supplement have helped immensely. I hope some of this helps for those of you suffering. I can't say I've cured what's wrong with me, but I can  keep the flare ups under control for the most part.

Yes,I also have a dense feeling near my tummy button and am panicking as to what it is.

drink lemon + warm water.

Your symptoms are very similar to mine. Have you found anything new since your post a year ago? God bless you as well.

I know it been a year since your post. Have you get to discover anything? Please post any progress..