About 3 weeks ago I had a sudden onset of heartburn that would only occur at night around 10-11PM like clockwork.. *** it started to lesson about a week ago but then I started getting different symptoms such as bloating/gas/burping a lot. These symptoms would be less during the day and then get a little more during evening time. Heartburn hasn't been such an issue but some nights I still get them but they come and go (heartburn for about a minute or two then disappear) and this would happen couple times but usually by 12am it subsides and I can go to bed. I have only had heartburn wake me up once and that was my fault because I had a snack late at night (which I will never do again!) but other than that I do get my 8hours uninterrupted.
At night I also get the feeling of something being stuck in my throat.. I had looked it up and I forgot the name that it was given but apparently it's common with acid reflux? Are these all symptoms of acid reflux?

Lately I've been waking up with some really big hunger pains.. not necessarily pains but my stomach feels empty and it's telling me to feed it.. I also get a little tiny bit of nausea with it but nothing too strong to where I feel like I need to throw up or anything. After I eat I feel a lot better (around 11am) but i've been keeping with small meals and about couple hours later it starts again and it comes with a bloated feeling right below my breasts right in the middle. (around 1:30-1pm) What is this? just bloating or something? After eating makes this feeling go away.. then I am usually fine til about 6-7pm when the hunger pains come back for dinner. Is this normal or what? am I just too sensitive at the moment so I feel these pains more than not?

I have been taking some probiotics for the last 1 and half week and trying the apple cider vinegar (mixed with juice/water and some sweetener) morning before I eat and then at night after dinner and it feels like it's been helping with my symptoms a bit.. and I read that probiotics have side effects of bloating/gas.. is this my cause?

I know the obvious answer is.. GO TO THE DOCTOR but the thing is I don't have any insurance so i'm trying to figure out what could be up and if anything I will eventually go to the doctor to get checked out as this is just stressing me out. (does stress make my symptoms worse? cause i've been stressed a lot due to work and this situation).

***please let me know if this is in any way the cause of my sudden onset. on super bowl sunday (feb 5th) I had went out with my bf and his friends to watch the game and I am not a drinker at all and I had about 4 shots of drinks. i'm not a drinker so my body probably isn't "strong" i guess for the burn of alcohol so is there any way that these drinks could've caused me to get these symptoms? could I have burned or caused some kind of irritation in my esophagus/stomach?

Hello. I have similar issue but I can vomit some days. I feel really full after eating a little bit. Is it the same with you? Do the probiotics help? Sorry I'm not much help.

I have been experienceing the same problem. I was literally just going to post about it. It is nice to know im not the only one suffering from this and that im not all alone. I am due to get my gallbladder removed sometime soon. I thought it might have been the combination of gallbladder problems and acid reflux. I will try the cotton tapes to the foot thing. It sounds obnoxious but at this point im willing to try anything. My question is will i have to tape a cottonball to the top of my foot all the time? and how did you know it was a flap in your stomach? Did a doctor tell you?

I have similar symptoms, I visited my doctor and of course the suggest medications. I already have other medical issues that I take meds for. Im soooo tired i just want some Natural relief.... any suggstions?

Actually an MD who practices wholistic medicine taught me that trick and also diagnoised it as well.

It is cotton sports tape.... no cotton ball.... accross the bottom of the foot and 2 inches up on each side so the tape is about 6 inches long alltogether. The stomach meridian is in the middle of the foot just below the ball of your foot. The oils work really great also to heal the problem.

Katz

Could you supply a lik for the tape you were talking about? I am a little confused about it. I would like to purchase some and try it but im not sure where to look or what exactly to look for.

Is dygestzen an oil? DO you add it into a cup of water? is it a pill?

I have nearly the exact symptoms, a feeling of severe hunger pains, which starts feeling nauseous and I have vomited abput 1-3 times a week, usually in the evening. I eat a few crackers if its around 11pm or 5 am. Sometimes the nausea goes away. I went to the GI doctor who did an endoscopy looking for an ulcer. None found. Went to internal med doc and he ordered H pylori breath test, Ct abdomen scan and an abdomen ultrasound. All normal. Today gad a Hydascan which checks how the gallbladder is working - a nuclear med injected IV and CCK injected IV to make the Gallbladder contract. I'm waiting for results. I burp a lot, sometimes have very loose bm's and other times, normal bm's. I've lost about 10 lbs in about 3 1/2 weeks. I eat kid portions of food and feel full. I wish we could figure this out. Also had pancrease labs drawn (amylase and lipase) to check the pancreas. Most nurses I work with think gallbladder, others say ulcer. Look up pancreatic symptoms - they are similar.

Did you ever find out what was wrong?

I know you all posted these a long time ago, but maybe I can help shed some light. Sounds like a case of pretty active gerd. You can take medications like nexium for it. I also recommend kombucha tea, drinking grape juice which will coat the stomach and try to stay away from ibuprofen medications, stick with Tylenol, Ibuprofen will eat your stomach lining away. I've tried many diets and the best thing I found was eating a piece of bread right before bed and upon waking, that will help soak up some the stomach acid. I was surprised myself when I found out what gerd can do to cause discomfort, I had been having some slight heart burn and severe what I thought was chest pain, I had also been having some reflux but what I frequented most was waking up so early and late night, having to eat right away to solve the discomfort, I am not hungry upon awakening, but the discomfort feels as if I need to eat immediately and once I do that discomfort goes away. I also get full very quickly due to the gerd and have a very high metabolism, so for me I know I also need to take daily vitamins to make sure I'm getting the nutrients I need. Just know you can definitely get it managed but you have to put in the full time effort and stick to it. It's not too bad, I can promise. Good luck to you all.

I know this is a bit more than a year old but have you been tested for Hpylori?

Did you ever find out what was causing your symptoms? I'm having very similar issues and am desperately looking for answers.

I know this is an old thread. I wanted to shed some light on a few things that have been discussed. I, too, was experiencing symptoms of bloating, chest pain, nausea, feeling full after eating a meal, sensing something is stuck in the throat, weight loss, burping, diarrhea, foul-smelling stools.
I had hyda scan done back in 2013. My gallbladder was functioning at 90%, which was ok. The doctor also did blood work to test my thyroid, liver, and pancreas, which were all normal. I did test positive for h. pylori, which was the culprit for all of the problems I was experiencing. The doctor will put you on a triple therapy which includes two antibiotics and an acid reducer. There are natural ways of combating h. pylori. Manuka honey, fresh broccoli sprouts and fermented foods are ways of killing off this bad bacteria. I have had this culprit resurface for the fourth time. After this go-around, I am going to take a wholistic approach since conventional meds don't seem to be helping much. I do believe I have become resistant to the antibiotics.