For the past two weeks or so I have been feeling very bloated and "heavy", as well as general stomach discomfort in my lower abdomen (cramping at times, sometimes sharp pains, others times very gassy). I am 36 years old, 5'8" and 120 pounds and normally have a flat stomach unless I have eaten a big meal. When I first started to experience these symptoms I initially thought I was mildly constipated - even though my bowel movements haven't changed at all, I just never feel "empty." I decided to take a laxative tea which did make me go more, but I was still very bloated afterwards. In desperation I then did a salt water flush (two teaspoons of sea salt in 34 ounces of water, which is supposed to clean out your digestive system completely), which did make me go even more, but yet I was still very bloated and heavy-feeling after.

The discomfort extends to my lower back at times, and my belly is so distended that sometimes it feels somewhat difficult to breathe. I should note that about a week or two prior to these symptoms, I had completed a 20 day juice detox where all I ingested was fresh fruit and vegetable juices. While doing the detox I felt amazing, better than I ever have in my life. I gradually went back to eating food - first raw fruits and vegetables, then cooked - but the first thing I had that was cooked (a tiny portion of vegetable soup) didn't sit well with me and upset my stomach for about a day afterwards. I have eaten normal food since but it does seem like my bloating issue started around a week or two after completing my juice detox.

I should also note that for almost a year now I have been a vegan, so I have no meat, eggs or dairy in my diet. I have never felt this way before and am at a loss of what to do. The constant heaviness and discomfort is really starting to affect my mental state, not to mention I am so afraid to eat anything at all for fear of having cramps/gas and more bloating after. I have thought about doing another juice fast to try to fix my system again, but I want to be able to eat normally like I always have. I am going to see my general doctor tomorrow but to be honest I don't have much faith in doctors. I am thinking about taking a probiotic as well, but I just don't know. I feel lost and sad by the whole situation. Any ideas or insight would be very much appreciated.

it will most likely be because you have came off your birth conntrol

I have exactly the same symptoms and really worried waiting for blood test result for hormone imbalance and cervical cancer

hi teenerz,

I have had the same problem for about a month or more now, exactly the same feeling, its like my stomach has gained weight, but my weight is still the same. Its just really heavy, gassy and uncomfortable. I feel disgusting. I also did a 7 day juice detox about 6 weeks ago, which i felt great from also, I noticed your post was from a month or so ago, how is it now? have you had any breakthoughs, I also feel the same with Doctors, I would much prefer to visit a naturopath. Any advice would be great! thanks Noele

dear friend I have had this problem for 24 years, constant bloating, pressure in my lower to middle abdomen. I take prilosec twice a day & even that does't help. I have done everything that the doctors have asked me to do,& still nothing works.every time I go the E.R. they always put me on heart monitors & find nothing.but I always leave with the same pain in my stomach as I went in with. My son had the same problems. they tested my son several times through blood cultures for ulcers, & didn't find anything until one doctor decided to have my son drink some dye & do a ct scan. then they found that he did have a peptic ulcer even though the blood tests didn't show it. I hope this helps you because I am looking for the same relief for symptoms.

im having the same thing here and like you a juice detox (diet) for an intestinal test made me feel amazing and more important: my belly was flat. sometimes, when i go out and drink a lot (rarely), the next day my belly is flat and i feel good. im 5ft10 and about 142.5 lbs in aesthetic muscle building. also my bodyfat is about 8% so its not fat on my belly ahah because i can see all my upper abs but for my goal wich is the complete aesthetic look, my lower belly must be flat. so this problem disturb me a lot

THE CITRUS ACID IN THE FRUITS YOU WHERE EATING CAUSE IT AND YOU MAY HAVE AN ULCER OF SOME KIND GET IT CHECKED OUT VERY PAINFUL AND UNCONFORTABLE

Your idea to take probiotics is a good one. After your juice fast was a great time to replenish your gut with friendly bacteria, maybe without doing so your gut just gradually got loaded with more bad bacteria, yeast etc.? Have you tried broad spectrum digestive formula enzymes? My Doctor said most of my digestive issues is from stress, well there is not much I can do about that because life is stressful. However a good digestive enzyme blend like Similase 

***Post is edited by moderator *** Web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

Hi, I've had the same problem with gas, bloating, pressure and discomfort. Until I came across this over the counter medicine call "Phazyme". You can get it at any Bi-Low, Walmart, CVS, Walgreens,etc... At first I wasn't sure it was going to work. But after I ate a good meal, I took one pill and after an hour or two I didn't feel gas or bloating any more. So try Phazyme Anti-Gas/Simethicone 180mg and see if that will help you. Just to let you know I didn't get my answer from a doctor. Sometimes it's best to find out what works for you. Somestimes doctors don't know. They just guest.

I had the same problem and found the culprit to be gluten. In soup people use bouillon and it contains gluten. I've been off of gluten for some years and feel great. The moment I accidentally ingest it, I'm reminded of why I don't eat it in the first place.

I HAVE BEEN FEELING THAT WAY TO

I've been dealing with this problem too for about two months now. My stomach used to be constantly flat and now it's very bloated. I haven't gained any weight, but I can feel myself very ''heavy'' and uncomfortable. Also after each meal, I always end up burping for hours. I haven't changed my way of eating (I eat the same thing that used to) or anything else. I'd really like to have my flat stomach back. Anyone knows what to do?

Ever noticed the food you buy and consume/ How the vegetables are really large and shiney and photogenic, yet when you bite into it its nothing but tasteless? The meat and the chicken looks nice and plump and juicey, and when you cook it the amount of liquid it releases? Well the reason for this is the animal are fed spacial medications to make them larger and more plump, to "fatten" them up, and the fruits and vegetables are genetically engineered. The main effect is water retention, and you consume these foods, which means these same effects are transfered to you. Obesity is not an illnes nor is it from the food you eat. Obesityis caused by you suffering the same effects from the artificially engineered foods you eat. Try eat organic whereever possible, although organic food can still be from genetically altered stock. These techniques are not used in eastern countries as they can not afford the additives, this is why they have less obesity.

I was having the same thig happen to me and the doctor said avoid gluten products, eat more probiotics, and take exlax it all worked slowly and ive never felt better

I feel for you. I have exactly the same problem So bloated ! I have tried anything and everything possible. I seeing GP today as I feel so down and scared to eat!