Hi, within the last few days my lower abdomen has expanded greatly. It feels extremely bloated and when I press on it, it's really firm, especially by my hip bones. I just had a very unusaul period (it stopped and started multiple times and was very light) and I have been feelin nauseous, dizzy, hungry, moody, extremely fatigued, and have bad headaches. I took a pregnancy test which was negative. It's only my lower stomach that feels like its being stretched out. I am not constipated and I have been drinking even more water than usual since I always feel parched. Does anyone of any idea what is going on? I am 18, on birth control, and have been taking antibiotics for a few months now for my acne cysts (which have just shown up in the last few days). I'm short and a decent weight and I have no idea why only my lower abdomen is protruding so much.

Abdominal bloating can be caused by ALL SORTS of different things. It is not always serious at all, but it can be. You don't mention pain, blood in your stool, or a fever but you do mention unusual vaginal bleeding, bad headaches, nausea and dizziness, and fatigue. You also mention you have acne. 

A few different possibilities occur to me, but one of them is definitely Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS). You could also be gluten intolerant, lactose intolerant, or have endometriosis? You're after a bloated stomach cure of course, but I think the situation is serious enough to warrant seeing a doctor rather than trying for home remedies. 

You probably dont have anything to worry about...I am 20 and have similar things that I recently noticed..the nausea, fatigue and dizziness could be mono you should definitely check with your doctor about that..you are probably not pregnant because your abdomen wouldnt expland greatly in only a few days. Your lower abdomen is usually bloated during your period and then sometimes after. As well, if you relax the lower ab muscles, it WILL protrude! Check with your docotor but it doesnt sond like anythng serious.

Hi, I've had mono and you don't get dizzy,moody or nauseous, you have a bad sore throat and extreme fatigue. It is a fact that antibiotics decreases the effectiveness of birth control pills. So, if you are sexually active, then I would see your doctor, that sounds like pregnancy symptoms to me. Sometimes home tests aren't as accurate, so have a doctor do it. Good luck!

Ask a doctor about possibilities of having IBS.

Sounds like gluten-intolerance to me. I am the same age with the same problems. I gave up gluten/wheat, and my acne of 1.5 years is clearing up and I feel so much BETTER without it in my system. Lay off it for 1-2 weeks as a trial run and see if your symptoms lessen or disappear.

sounds like you may have a cyst in your ovaries. worth checking out. symtoms sound similar. take an ultrasound scan to rule it out for sure

I'm 29, have the problems