Hey everyone! I am a seventeen year old girl who has been generally healthy (save common colds and such). Lately, the last few months or so, I've been experiencing discomfort in my lower abdomen (just below my belly button) along with lower back pain that mirrors the bloating and discomfort in my stomach. I have regular periods, regulated by birth control taken orally, and am not currently sexually active. I have a history of depression and anxiety issues, and I take Prozac daily. To me, the symptoms seem to be along the lines of IBS, but the one thing that doesn't fit is the back pain I'm having. The back pain started a month or so after the bloating and gurgling in my stomach. Is it possible the back pain is an entirely different problem? Or are they linked? I'm also wondering of anyone thinks it is something I should take to my doctor to have checked out.

the same thing is happening to me...i wish someone would post to help tho...

\hi there,

\i am so glad to know there are other people out there with the same problem. For the past three months I have been having to push hard to go to the loo which is completely unusual for me having always had regular bowel movements usually after every meal but at least once a day and have hardly ever been constipated. Then three weeks ago I started having very severe bloating in the upper part of my abdomen. During the night I felt sick and it felt as if my bowels were slowing down as the sounds changed from gurgling to a high pitched squeak and then a sound like a creaking door ( the only way I can describe it).I felt breathless and very frightened as if i had a complete bowel blockage. In the morning I felt slightly better and things didn't seem too bad for the next ten days apart from severe constipation. Then it all returned with a vengeance and my whole stomach became tight and very bloated especially around the belly button which was very tender to the touch and had red veins around it like stretch marks. That night I again felt everything slowing down with the same strange noises. I was frightened in case I had a hernia which had caused a strangulated bowel and was feeling sick and breathless. Wondered if I should call a doctor as I didn't want to leave it till morning and couldn't sleep. However it calmed down a little after two hours only to return at intervals. Although always feeling bloated when this wasn't happening I felt reasonably well with no temperature or other signs except slight fatigue. Also had slight back ache. Went to doctor last Tuesday after very bad day to be told he could find no sign of anything being wrong but is sending me for an ultrasound and blood tests. Felt fine the rest of that day and really thought it had gone. Then Thursday I woke in the night feeling worse than ever in severe pain like that experienced in child birth. Seemed like contractions coming every 20 minutes. The worst pain I have ever experienced with a feeling of numbness up my back and very sick and dizzy. Couldn't breethe because of pressure in my stomach and called the surgery straight away. Although in agony when I got there the doctor could find nothing wrong and obviously thought it was all in my mind. I felt desperate and called NHS direct who told me to dial 999. During my conversation with them it gradually started to subside and for the last few days I have felt OK but still very bloated.

What is going on? It must be a virus as my son and several friends have had the same but to a lesser degree. I am now frightened to eat and am living on yogurt as this does seem to help a little.

I should add that I had a similar thing four years ago when I was in so much pain I really thought I had something seriously wrong but the doctors just thought I was mentally ill which is very frightening.

I have been extremely healthy up till now and had never felt better in my life before this began. If anyone can help please let me know and I hope this may be of help to others in the same situation wondering what is going on.

Geeze,

I am amazed to find people with the exact same symptoms that I have! I am male though, 26 obviously not on the pill. I live healthy, eat healthy and exercise regularly. However, a few weeks back ( as in approx. 6 weeks ago) I started having the same symptoms as described by you guys! Funny how it all started around the exact same time as all off you. I have been to the gastroenterologist who couldn't find anything wrong with me at all. I also live in New Zealand at the moment on a work permit and had a complete medical done about 8 weeks ago. Absolutely everything was fine. However, I have had the new flu shot (the one with dead swine flu virus in it). Other than that nothing out of the ordinary. I woke one morning and simply had to go to the toilet multiple times for 2 days in a row, followed by another 2 days of slight abdominal cramping. I don't really experience any pain at all most of the times, just occasional mild abdominal cramping and severe bloating which usually passes with going to the restroom and/or accompanied by flatulence/Burping.

I'll be heading to the doctors on this upcoming Monday to be tested for Worms as it literally feels like I have something living inside of me. My Mother happens to be a GP so she also suggested Gall-Bladder issues, Gall-Stones, Kidney-Stones, Liver problems. Thus, I am going to get the doc here to check for all of it! It just seems that my digestion never stops. It's like you are acutely digesting 24/7 without any breaks. I do not believe its mental as I too have a history of light depressive episodes. I have looked up a lot of digestive issues online but none really seem to fit. Also check your stool for blood/lots of mucus should you have that seek out a gastroenterologist as there maybe something severely wrong. However, for those of you who don't have anything like that and simply have the same symptoms/issues I do then keep checking the page! I'll keep you posted in terms of what my results are going to show (worms, etc).

Hope this helps a little.

find out anything yet?

find out anything yet i am scared to death and having the same things grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

It is good to know other people suffer this ugly feeling I read that the disconfort is under the baly button,
well myne is in my uper stomach and I have a urine infection and my stomach growls day and night what can that mean?

Im having these same pain did anyone find out what it was please?

It's interesting to find this, I had resisted the urge to Google my symptoms for fear of paranoia but gave in!
My symptoms started 4-5 days ago, late afternoon, I got (for lack of a better word) the s**ts, 3 times on the loo and mild abdominal pain, this went the next day without medication and my stool was back to normal though I felt like I needed to go to toilet, I didn't need to. I am not constipated, if I need to go, I go. I do not strain.. However, I still have the pain, felt nauseous, but haven't been sick, felt lethargic and have chills on my back and arms. The pain is weird, its only mild but constant, around my belly button, it is not unbearable just inconvenient with the feeling to visit the toilet. I have tried imodium and strong prescribed Ibuprofen and they don't touch it. I have bought some Actimel following the advice of a friend, waiting to see if this makes a difference.

anxiety and stress lowers muchosa in the stomach wich can provide discomfort

its good to know that im not the only one .... im 15 and i am a girl , for the past 5-6 years i have been in and out of hospital with bad stomach pains , and they still do not know the answer , i am currently undergoing investigation. for the past 6 months - 1 year i have had some strange rumbling sounds and sounds that sound like water swooshing around my stomach , i get a really bad pain along with all of that and i get quite bloated . sometimes it follows by chest pain and back pain. its hard to eat a lot as sometimes it just makes it worse. i thought i was the only person and i found it quite embarrassing to talk to people about but i feel a lot better knowing that there are others suffering from it too and i am not the only one . i hope somebody can find the answer to what this is as .. it just gets worse over time .

Like everyone else says, I find it hard to believe that others are dealing with my exact same discomfort too. I am a 20 year old male. Mine started about a month ago; lower right side abdominal cramps, bloating along that same area, very dull pain (not unbearable, inconvenient) that sometimes shoots towards my lower right back side, and episodes of the shi*** recently. 

About a week ago I felt nauseous after a game of soccer, like indigestion or stomach acid in the back if the throat as well as the bloated pain on the side and that prompted me to go to the doctor. I went to the clinic a day or two ago and I was prescribed some heartburn medication. I've been taking it daily since then. I do not know if I feel a little better simply because I think so (since I am taking meds) or because I genuinely am. According to the clinic my blood results were fine, however I am now waiting for the lab results. I guess I do feel a little better than that day after my soccer match, but that inconvenient bloated feeling is still there. It keeps me from sleeping on the right side of my body now because it feels tight when I apply pressure to it. I do feel a little more fatigued than usual, and only have slight loss of appetite. I think I just keep eating because my body tells me that I NEED to eat in order to have enough energy to do what I do during the day.

Should I ask for any type of scan at the doctor's? 

hi i am having the same thing and i am only ten year old girl didn't even have my period yet i have been looking all over the internet for something like this and i found it but what is causing this to happen

i have the weirdest symptoms ever..its been going on for many years ive been to ers docs no specialist cuz of money issues..first i have a bm sometimes once every 2 weeks its not like regular constipation i just dont have the urge...my stomache swells like a basketballl causing horrible pain..i feel numb and feverish though no fever..its really hard to function in everyday life..feels like its in my back neck everywhere...also im sure my stomache issues cause massive headaches..anyoneelse have such expirences i just sit and cry sometimes thinking i must be the only one who has to live this way..feel like im dying most times but weirdly its not always constant sometimes i can go a month regular bms feeling basically normal no pain feelings of death swelling etc...then without warning whatever it is hits me and im sick for months or however long it decides any advice?

has anyone found out anything?? i'm also a 17 year old girl. my stomach gets ridiculously bloated, almost everyday..to the point where i look pregnant. ive recently started to have really blurred vision, as if i need glasses, and i randomly have extreme pressure behind my eyes that makes me feel nauseous. it seems like more things are going wrong..and im not paranoid.. ive always been active and now playing soccer i get so out of breath from just jogging that i have to actually focus on breathing. i also get sharp pain under my right shoulder blade and its started making my rib "twinge"...its hard to describe it feels like things are bursting but not. im tired all the time. please any advice?

the bloating started about 2 years ago..