At my last visit to the dr. to get results from blood work, she told me that my white blood cell count was low and that my iron is high. I am going back for more bloodwork the first week in August.
I have idiopathic peripheral neuropathy. Am taking 2700mg of Gabapentin and 10mg of Amytriptaline. Do you think that this medication could be the cause of the results of my bloodwork?
I have a family history of aplastic anemia ... five of my siblings died of this when they were young ... and two brothers died of leukimia at an older age .... ergo my concern. I am 70 years old.

Hi sawchuk, I am thinking that the drugs could be the cause of your bloodwork although I assume that your doctor would have taken that into consideration when you had it done. I'm not entirely sure, did the doctor actually say anything about that? I understand your concern and I think that your doctor is probably taking the time to figure out if it is leukemia or not which is why you're going back in August but your drugs may have also been the cause. Keep us posted, okay?