Hi, I have blood clot in my finger. My finger has become livid, purple in upper part. My mother suspects it’s a blood clot. How should I react in this situation?

Blood clots are formed by process of coagulation to stop bleeding. If blood cloth is formed in the blood vessel, it is called thrombus.Thrombus can get stucked in some small blood vessels, and partially or completely block the flow of blood in that vessel. The tissue behind blockage remains without normal blood flow, what unable oxygen transportation. This is called ischemia and it must be treated it would cause damage or death (infarction or necrosis) of the unsufficiently nourished tissues. The doctor will give you some clot buster, to dissolve blood clot and anticoagulants to prevent coagulation

Hello there leischner,

Well, if I were you I wouldn’t wait another second if I notice that my finger is all purple and that I don’t have the usual feeling when I touch it.

Since featherston has given you some info about possible diagnosis I hope that you can find yourself in his description of the symptoms. But as far as I can tell you really need to see your doctor about the treatment options. Inform your mother that you have been researching online and that you need to see a doctor and insist that she takes you (I presume that you are underage). I hope that you will resolve problem with your finger soon. Keep us posted about the situation.