Hello. I'm 19 year old female and I would like to get some quick information about one clinical syndrome I heard a lot about these last couple of weeks!
The reason why I'm interested in this particular syndrome is because some doctors suspect that my mother has developed it.
I really don’t know anything more about this syndrome accept the fact that it has something to do with her blood and ability to clot. Please, I don’t know is this something serious and should I be worried about it. Is it treatable?

Hello. I'm very sorry about your mother. I know something about this disorder because my brother has been diagnosed with it long time ago.
Defibrination syndrome is also called consumption coagulopathy and you were right- it is about blood’s ability to clot.
From what I know about it- defibrination leads to the activation of the fibrinolytic mechanisms, lost of coagulation factors, inability to maintain hemostasis, and over bleeding!
Something similar to the hemophilia! If I'm correct- all blood disorders in which some of the coagulation factors is missing are treated with substitional therapy, which is based in adding the exact factor into blood!