My son is 4 months old and has never liked the feeling of anything or anyone touching is head, including a hat, he has a vein on the right side of his head that is blue in color, and when you feel it, it almost feels like a scar and it has a sunk in texture to it. Is this normal, or should I be worried? The dr says he has reflux and he crys all day, and quit sleeping through the night, could that vein be related in anyway?

My baby boy is almost 4 months old and has exactly the same thing, in the same spot. The vein feels like it's embedded in a little crack in his skull so I was also worried. Ive found it difficult to find any info on an "indented" vein and its not common on forums so its probably somewhat rare. That's not to say its something to worry about though.

Like yours, my bub has also not been overly thrilled by people touching his head, however, he is generally a happy boy who sleeps well. I don't think the vein and your bub being unsettled are related, of course, if your instincts say they are you should get it checked out.

Sorry, its probably not too helpful but at least you know he's not alone.

Bec

Hi, my baby is just over 3 months old and I have just noticed the same thing on his head.. I was just wondering if you ended up finding out what the cause was and if it was a problem?

I just noticed the same thing on my 5 mo old boy, and I thought it was his suture ( the coronal suture that runs from the soft spot down to the ear... and i started worrying cuz the other side doesnt have it.. so started thinking the other side fused.. I kno im nuts.

But point is, it looks like a vein also, but is indented. Is a dr able to tell you anything?

just noticed the same thing on our 4 month old. looks like a vein, feels indented. spoke to 3 docs and all said the same thing. if he's otherwise behaving normally (e.g. eating, sleeping, playing, pooping, peeing), then there's nothing to worry about.

noticed the same thing on our 4 month old today - appears to be a single vertical vein on one side, but it feels indented. spoke to our ped (and 2 ped friends) and all said it was normal. as long as he's behaving normally (eating, sleeping, pooping/peeing, etc.), they all said it was nothing to worry about.

worth a call to your ped for peace of mind, but shouldn't be cause for alarm.

hello ,i also have same your problem about my baby.his happy boy ,smiling,great baby .my hushband always maked him exicited ,jumped,laughed to much .and when he 6 month old, i can see blue vein in his for head and his head.realy same your baby.and i worried also.but i think it because of hi's to much excited always and tired,stress,and it's so early for his age to maked always excited .and if you do the same my hushband while you playing with your baby. you shoud not put him lying at least after 15 minutes.you make him relax put on your shoulder and rub his back softly.

thank you guys so much for this post! I was tripping out cause my four year old fell on my four month old baby girl a couple days ago then I noticed it last night I was getting ready to pack up and go to the ER!Thank God for the internet lol!

My baby boy is now over 6 months and has always had that crack in his skull on the right hand side which is blue in color coz his brain is beneath it. So I do not think it Is a vein though. When he is excited or cries, it swells. I was also worried but I think it is a normal part of his development and his brain has still to grow, so if his skull is open on the sides and on top his brain can develop easier. Just what I think :)

My daughter has had this since she was a baby she is now a happy healthy 8yo. It's still there b

hi i also too just noticed last night on my 11 month baby tht he has a line on the right side running from the top of his head to the ear and feels indented l got so freaked out because its not on the left side its not visible at all and hard to feel since he has a lot of hair but its there i wanted to rush him to the er since he does fall a lot from learning to walk but never from like a bed or couch just him losing his balance on the floor while standing . hes acting normal eating pooping everything is fine so my husband is hesitating with me whether to take him or not . i too looked up on google and found nothing except this blog another about worried moms with same problem but no answers !! sucks to have no answers wrn it comes to your LO

I'm going to our ped today about this issue I'll let you guys know when I get an answer.

Ped says its normal. We have them in our skull as well just aren't felt because we have soft tissue that has formed over them. No need to worry.

My 3 month old has same thing! It seems to be vein running long the sutures. When cries or strains it bulges out a little. Does your baby's do the same thing??

Hi ladies! My son is 4 months old, I have noticed a dent in his suture on the right side as well. It looks like what you are describing, like a blue vein with a dent in his skull. Do you have any update on the diagnosis? Our family doctor suggested that those are just the overlapping sutures, that will open up with time, but I don't think she is right! It looks nothing like that and I am not able to find information online. I would like to request an apointment with the specialist, but not sure who exactly to ask for.. I would appreciate any update you might have or suggestions!