I would like to get some info concerning my baby. It is my first child (I am inexperienced) so I am constantly worried ever since I delivered my girl. Main problem that bothers me these days is that she did not defecate for four days. She is only three months old and she sleeps poorly and has cramps. Is it safe to use glycerin Suppository on my 3 month old baby if she has not excreted in 4 days?

We had the exact same problem with my granddaughter. We were told to use glycerin suppositories, but the didn't help much at all. Her pediatrition went as far as to 'stretch' her rectum with her finger, thinking it was to small. (This was wrong!!) Finally, we were told that barley would help her & that was RIGHT! We started putting Gerber's Barley Cereal in her formula & it helped within 24 hours. We now give her barley anytime she hasn't had a bowel movement in 24 hours & it ALWAYS works. We sometimes mix it with the oatmeal just to keep her regular. I hope this helps. It sure helped us. She is 15 mos. now & it is amazing how we can control her bowl movements with barley. (The biggest problem is finding the barley. Lots of stores don't carry it but it can be ordered from Gerber on-line)

From the personal experience (mother of three kids), the situation is never as it might seem in the start. All the symptoms with kids are different than those in adults. So, do not give glycerin suppository to your baby girl without asking a doctor, just in case that there is something wrong with your daughters stomach (medication would only worsen the situation in that case).

sounds like the wrong formula,,,,,,,,,,,,,

my 3 months old baby girl also experiencing constipation..also worried about it... i used glycerin suppository everyday to keep her poopoo but i realized that this is not good for her health that's why i stoped using it..she's still constipated..i dont know what to do. 

you can give her a date but put one date in warm water then clean tgat water from any small dates and let her to drink it 1 date and the watter number 2 that shows on the babies bottle

Pear juice and prune juice are the usual recommendations. Leg exercise is also important.
But - yes, I would give a suppository if she hadn't done a doo for four days (two is too long, really)

I experience the same thing and as a first time mommy it was very alarming for me my baby did not defecate for 3 days he was only 2 months old. I keep on asking a lot of mommy on how to help my baby. Some says put him on a warm water he will enjoy it ( i did that and he loved it), massage his tummy, and put a glycerin suppository on his rectum. I did all of that and it was successful!! Thanks to all the mommies who helped me.