Hi. I am 31 and been told i need to have both my tubes removed. I understand i will still not be able to get pregant naturally but could you please explain to me how i will still have periods as i thought the egg travelled via the tubes, How do my periods still occur with no tubes? Actually how come i can have a period and not get pregant naturally?????

Hi hon: Can I ask why they want too remove both tubes? The egg travels down the fallopian tube for ovulation only. The body secretes different levels of hormones, which signal too the uterus too release or grow the lining. I had a hysterctomy, but still have my ovaries. So when the uterus or tubes are taken the ovaries are affected too.

There are some big risks about having a tubal, some women experience terrible bleeding and pain - this is from the ovaries going into shock (so too speak). So check with your doctors about the pros and cons too this. Good luck and health!

Thank you for your reply. They are taking them out as i have PID and feel that i have a much better chance of fulling pregant during ivf without them. I have already had ivf once before and did not work. Thanks again

HI hon: Did they talk to you about your chances of pregnancy after this surgery?

Due to you having Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, did they say it was in both tubes!!!!!? If it is just in one, I would advise to have just that one removed. Have you had a tubal pregnancy or a miscarriage due to the PID? I must say I'm a little confused myself why they choose BOTH tubes and then try and help you get pregnant with IVF. Can you clarify a bit more for me please? Have they discussed you getting pregnant after this procedure?