I have come to terms with the fact that after 2 ectopic pregnancies which resulted in haveing both felopian tubes taken away, that I would never have a child. I am now 48 & am 2 weeks late, which I never am. I dare not think it possible but could it be?  

I don't want to give you false hope, but IF there is sperm and IF there is an egg - you CAN get pregnant! NOTHING is 100% unless the ovaries have been taken! Not a tubal or a uterus removed hysterectomy, vasectomy etc. That being said the chance - with no fallopian tubes - are VERY VERY small! As the fallopian tubes bring the egg down far enough for the sperm to meet and then fertilize! I HATE saying this to you - as I understand the urge for a baby - but from the sounds of it you are in pre-menopause! I m 48 also and ALL of my friends have periods that show up once a year if that! I had a uterine hysterectomy when I was 35 so I don't have to worry about that! Carry protection with you at ALL times, because this darn "time of our lives" can be cruel and all of a sudden you will flood and it's MORTIFYING! Ask your friends - who are older - about their nightmare stories! Most older women have that day or several days, when they were caught off guard and are devastated about what happened! I hope this helps - and sorry again to be the barer of depressing news!