I have problem with my intestinal tract. Several months ago I noticed that I cannot hold feces as long as I could before. To be honest, I did not pay much attention to the issue at that moment. Unfortunately, things got complicated and now I almost cannot hold at all. I am interested in the subject of bowel incontinence-possible treatments. My doctor said that there is a possibility of myopathy. Is that true?

He was probably referring to the muscle layer in the walls of intestinal paths. These muscles engage in constriction that allows us to hold feces within intestines. Myopathy causes dystrophy of those muscles, which makes them unable to perform their function. Thus, you have incontinence. As for treatments, doctors have to first determine the cause of your problems (it might not be myopathy), and then to probably send you to specialist who will give the final diagnose.