Hi, my mother has seventy years. She has fecal incontinence problem which gets worse day by day. I am desperate because I don’t know how to help her. I wouldn't like to put her in an institution, but I fear that I have no other choice. Is there some other solution? I have heard about incontinence treatment with biofeedback. Could this help her?

Hello, biofeedback can be used for incontinence therapy. Biofeedback machines are used to measure the strength of the muscles that control the bowl movement and then feedback gathered information to the patient. But this is only one step of the treatment. The second one is biofeedback training that tries to improve patient's ability to control anal sphincter muscle contraction. This is usually done through strength training, but there are some other ways you should talk about with her physician. I hope that biofeedback therapy will help your mother as it has helped many others who were in her situation.