Hi, I suffer from prolapsed bladder, grade 2 or moderate prolapse. What does that mean? I had two childbirths and bladder surgery ten years ago.

In women, the front wall of the vagina supports the bladder. When this wall weakens, what happens with age and is contributed by childbirth, it leads to bladder prolapse. Meaning it descends into the vagina. Problems like urinary difficulties, discomfort, and incontinence may follow. There are four grades of the condition. In first grade, only a small portion of the bladder droops into the vagina. Moderate state is characterized by bladder drooping enough to be able to reach the opening of the vagina. After that, it can even protrude outside the vagina. In final grade, that bladder prolepses completely through vagina.

Hi antrobus,

Unfortunately prolapsed organs cannot heal themselves and I presume that your doctor has informed you about this, and that if you left it untreated it will only get worsen over time.

Several treatments are available to correct a prolapsed bladder and if you have talked with your doctor about the best possibility I believe that he has informed you what you should do. After all he is familiar with your case and he probably knows what you can handle and what is going to work out best.

Since you have said that your case is mild then your doctor is probably going to say to avoid heavy lifting or straining and only if you don’t feel any pain or discomfort!