Hi, I am forty years old woman. I like to go out with my friends but the last time a most embarrassing thing happened. One of my friends told a very funny joke. I was laughing so hard that I literally wetted my pants. It was the worst thing that ever happened to me. Since than this became an everyday thing. Whenever I laugh or lift something heavy I lose some urine. I found out that this illness is called incontinence, but I can't talk to anyone about it. Is there something Is there something I can do to stop incontinence from happening?

Hi, the incontinence is not an age problem. It can happen to anyone and it is nothing to be ashamed of. It happens when sphincter bladder muscle lose its strength. The bladder incontinence is an illness that can be treated with the biofeedback therapy, but you will have to visit a clinic. The therapy is divided into two parts. The first part consists of Kegel exercises that you can do in the comfort of your own home. They are designed to strengthen the muscles. The second part of biofeedback therapy is conducted in the clinic. There a biofeedback machine is used to measure the efficiency of exercises. The best thing about biofeedback incontinence therapy is that you can see how fast your condition is improving. This can boost your confidence.