Hi, I keep having embarrassing experiences because my urinary incontinence. I can’t control the passage of urine, especially when I sneeze or cough. Do you know how could I treat this condition?

Hi, I know how you feel, urinary incontinence can be very embarrassing. It happened to me many times to have urine passage on public places. I always have to put sanitary pads when I go somewhere, in case that I have urinary incontinence. I must avoid laughing, sneezing and coughing, which is sometimes not easy. My condition is called stress incontinence, but there is even worse type called urge incontinence. People who have this other type experience strong, sudden need to urinate, and they don’t have time to react before they wet themselves. Treatment depends on the cause, but there are some things that can strengthen the muscles of a pelvic floor. Those things are bladder retraining and Kegel exercises.