Can somebody tell me what could be the cause of incontinence problem in 5 year-old boy? My kid was having normal bowel movements but recently-almost 4 months now- he has this incontinence problem being practically incapable of controlling his bowel movements. I thought this would be some temporary problem but it persists and I am really worried about this incontinence problem in my 5 year-old son. What could this be?

This is fecal incontinence and some nerve and muscles damage around his rectal area have caused him this incontinence problem probably but also there are some other causes to fecal incontinence such as constipation, diarrhea but muscle damage is the most common cause but it could also be some other more serious health condition so I suggest you check this up this with his doc and let him have some medical tests which may include anal manometry or electromyography. My son had the same problem with fecal incontinence at about age of 6 and he had proctography test that actually measures how much his rectum is able to hold the stools and anyway his rectal incontinence was caused by some muscle damage he actually was diagnosed with weakened anal sphincter and the only treatment opt was surgery and this incontinence problem was solved for good.

hi my name is mel i have a son who will be turning 5 soon and he has a problem with pooing his pants i have tried every solution possible he was toilet trained befor he was 2 and did brilliantley but then he started to do num 2 in his pants then he got good again and has now just recentley in the last couple of months started to do it again. ive taken him to a scicoligist but he is to yoyung to understand them wat can i do to help him that i havent already. the teachers at school are very annopyed with his problem aswell ive got to the point of i just dont no wat to do and am worried this is gonna affect him at school with the other kids