I am sure that my question will sound weird to most of people but I still want to ask it. I would like to know more about the process of defecation. I was always interested in how that functions. Thank you

Defecation or feceation is the act or process by which organisms eliminate solid or semisolid waste material from the digestive tract. Humans remove waste anywhere from several times daily to a few times weekly. Muscular contraction known as peristalsis in the walls of the colon move fecal matter through the digestive tract towards the rectum and undigested food may also be expelled this way. This process is called egestion. The rectum ampulla acts as a temporary storage for the waste material. The rectal walls expand due to the materials filling it from within and receptors from the nervous system located in the rectal walls stimulate the desire to defecate. The material in the rectum is often returned to the colon if the urge to defecate is ignored. If defecation is delayed for a long period the fecal matter may harden. This results in constipation. The increase in intrarectal pressure forces the walls of the anal canal apart when the rectum is full. This allows the fecal matter to enter the canal. The rectum shortens as material is forced into the anal canal. Peristaltic waves propel the feces out of the rectum and the internal and external sphincters of the anus allow the feces to be passed by muscles pulling the anus up over the exiting feces. I hope that you are happy with the answer to your question.

My chiropractor and Dr. Oz say that humans should have 3 bowel movements a day. I do that about 3 times a week. My mom said that everyone is different so it's normal to have 3 bowel movements a week. She doesn't have a doctorate, so i don't have a lot of faith in listening to her about this. If the Doctors are correct, how can I make my body want to defecate more often?